New Shipping Information following Brexit
Following the UK’s exit from the EU and the end of the transition period, there are some changes on how you will be invoiced and charges that may be incurred locally.
We will be shipping to you on DAP (delivered at place) incoterms. This is also referred to as DDU (delivery duty unpaid).
This means that some costs will be due to be paid on arrival in your country.
- All prices shown on our website and on our invoice exclude UK VAT. We will no longer charge vat to EU customers.
- EU VAT is payable prior to delivery, at the rate of VAT applicable to your Country.
- In addition to this there will be a brokerage fee (calculated by the carrier per consignment) and duty. See the note below reference duty.
- Our carrier will collect these charges. The carrier will contact you to request funds due prior to delivery.
- The shipping charge displayed does not include these charges.
- Our carrier will handle the customs formalities and deliver your order directly to you.
- We will raise a commercial invoice which is supplied to the carrier with all the relevant details.
- EU businesses will need to provide us with an EORI number.
Duty – Following the UK/EU trade agreement no duty is payable on goods of UK origin but some of the goods you may have ordered may not be of UK origin. If the goods are not of UK origin duty will be due.
Returning an Exchange Unit
Any exchange unit returned will need to be accompanied by a commercial invoice
Any invoice should include the following information: –
- Your name and address details
- Our Company name and address details
- Our EORI number which is GB600749852000
- The commodity code for the product being returned. This will show on your original invoice but in summary is:-
Gearbox, transfer box, torque converter or transfer box casing 87084050
- Country of Origin – this is UK
- Use the value of the core charge charged to you. You can nominate the currency GBP on the invoice.
- Incoterms – DDU
We can supply a template invoice for you to complete if required.
Depending on the carrier used we may be charged costs to clear your incoming goods and these charges will be deducted from your core charge refund.